Georgia Tech's Records Department provides verification of employment for various reasons. Employees are able to assist you if you submit a request to the Records Department below using the Georgia Tech Verification form.
Additionally, to help make employment verification easier, Georgia Tech has partnered with The Work Number®, an automated service that protects your personal information during the verification process. This secure service is used when you apply for a mortgage or loan, a job, lease an apartment or any other instance where proof of employment or income is needed. Learn More About Work Number
Written Verification Requests
Below are the steps for obtaining a written request if The Work Number cannot provide the employee’s information:
- Written verifications will be received in by mail when addressed to:
Georgia Institute of Technology
500 Tech Parkway NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0435
- Once received, written verification will be forwarded to the appropriate staff members within the Human Resources Records Department.
- The Human Resources Records Department will release and/or verify the following information for active or former employees, in written verification form only, when accompanied by a signed release from the current or former employee:
- Job Title
- Status (Active or Terminated)
- Date of Hire
- Date of Termination (if applicable)
- Salary Information
- Human Resources will complete standard employment verification within 48 business hours of receipt.
Note: Affiliates/Contractors cannot be verified through Georgia Tech. These verifications must take place when they are on payroll.
Note: If an employee was hired before January 2010, they will have to request a written employment verification. The employee’s information cannot be accessible through The Work Number’s website. For those occurrences, Georgia Tech will provide the employee a written employment verification.