Hire/Host Foreign Nationals
Starting the process?
- Pre-iStart Checklist
- Complete iStart Hiring & Hosting Eligibility Determination e-forms
- iStart Assistance
Questions about hiring/hosting?
- iStart Quick Guide
- Non-Immigrant Employment
(H-1B, TN, O-1, E-3)
- GT-Sponsored Green Cards
- Non GT-Sponsored Employees
- Foreign National Affiliates and Visitors
- Affiliates Information
- Georgia Tech Policy: Employment of Foreign Nationals
All foreign national employees at Georgia Tech are required to use GLACIER secure online tax and treaty compliance software.
- Frequent Tax Questions
- File a U.S. tax return with Sprintax tax preparation software for foreign nationals. Learn more
- Tax forms and information about U.S. taxes from the IRS
- Tax services from OIE
(F- or J-visa holders)
- Learn more about Foreign National Tax Compliance at Georgia Tech
Work/Travel Outside the U.S.
- Export Control Considerations
- Travel Insurance
- Global Issues Contact List
- Book travel with Concur (via TechWorks)
- Loaner laptops
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- U.S. Department of State Travel Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- GT Global Campuses
- Additional Resources for Faculty
Foreign National Employees
Have a new immigration document? Complete the Immigration Document Update form in iStart.
- Need to extend your OPT? Complete the STEM OPT Extensions for Employees forms in iStart
- Need Immigration Verification Letter? Go here
- Need J-1 medical evacuation and repatriation insurance? Go here
- Institute Guidance regarding federal immigration and visa rule changes
- J-1 or F1-visa holders: visit the ISSS website