All forms are organized by topic below. Click on the appropriate category to find the required form.
Would you like to conduct a mandatory training?
All requests for mandatory training must be reviewed and be in compliance with the USG General Criteria for Employment Policy. To request an HR representative to review mandatory training content for individuals or groups within your department/unit/school, to ensure compliance, please complete this form. Further direction and guidance will be provided by GTHR upon receipt.
Employment Stages Forms
Effective Dec. 12, 2022:
Enhancements to the Georgia Tech Performance Management Values-Based Goal Setting process are underway! The following goal-setting form is available ONLY as a reference. The submission process will change.
Annual Evaluation (DocuSign)6-month Probationary Period Evaluation (click here for a simple, unprotected version of this form)
You will use these instructions to access the form in DocuSign which allows you to retrieve signatures electronically while many colleagues are working remotely. However, if you have challenges completing the DocuSign version, click below to download an MS Word version.
Annual Evaluation (MS Word) If you choose this option, be prepared to collect signatures for the following individuals: manager and employee. You will also need to submit a final copy to the unit HR Representative and to GTHR's Records Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-Assessment (click here for a simple version of this form that can be filled by hand, instead of electronically)
Performance Improvement Plan | Performance Narrative Option - Sample
Employee Access, Benefits, Leave and Pay Forms
- Education Assistance
- Incentives & Awards Payments
- As of June 2023, the Incentives & Awards Form is required for all types of Incentives and Awards including:
- Critical Hire Incentive
- Critical Skills Incentive
- Employee Suggestion Program
- Exceptional Performance Incentive (including Student Awards)
- Goal Based Incentive
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Working @Tech Arrangement - Effective August 8, 2022
All active, regular, benefits-eligible faculty and non-academic staff are required to complete the Working @Tech Arrangement. The arrangement must be updated by the employee whenever their typical work schedule changes. If logging into the application for the first time, please select “Allow” on the screen after confirming your Georgia Tech account is being leveraged. All employees are expected to complete the new digital flexwork arrangement digital form.
*GTRI employees will continue using the existing GTRI Flexible Working Arrangement/Telecommuting Form through the JIRA Service Desk.
- Health Savings Account
- HSA Payroll Deduction Form (lump sums only)
- Leave - Absence
This form is for use by GTRI and Temporary employees ONLY. All other eligible employees should submit this request type through the Employee Self-Service portal in OneUSG Connect.
- Recommendation for Leave of Absence
- Requesting Leave for Extended Absences
- FMLA Medical Evaluation (Return to Work)
- FMLA Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave FMLA Certification of Serious Injury for Military Family Leave
- FMLA Certification of Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- FMLA Certification of Employee's Serious Health Condition
- FMLA Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- FMLA Designation Notice
GTRI FMLA Leave Request Form(s)
These form are for use by GTRI employees ONLY. All other eligible employees should submit these request types through the Employee Self-Service portal in OneUSG Connect.
- Leave - Shared Sick Leave
- Leave - Reporting & Requesting
- Visit the Employee Self-Service Portal in OneUSG Connect.
- P-Card & Temporary Access
- Supplemental Pay
- As of June 2023, the Supplemental Pay Form is required for the following pay types (*required only if a Signed Offer Letter is not available):
- Part of Job Description
- Addition to Job Responsibilities
- Research Subject Fee*
- Staff Temporary Assignment*
- Student Temporary Assignment*
- Faculty Temporary Assignment*
- Worker's Compensation
- Reorganization/Reclassification Posting
The standard practice is to post an open position. However, there are circumstances in which management may decide that a reclassification or appointment of a person into the role is more appropriate. The information below is a list of guidelines to help Unit management, HR Professionals, and GTHR to determine the best action in a particular situation.
- Working Titles
Due to the broad range of jobs contained within Georgia Tech’s Job Classification and Compensation System (JCCS) and the standardized nature of staff titles, a department may wish to designate a working title for a position. A working title (also called a business title) is a descriptive designation reflecting the nature of the work being performed in a specific or similar position. Working titles should differentiate the work being performed in a position and, simultaneously, be consistent with similar positions performing the same work in other areas on campus.
This guidance document is currently being updated. 8/4/23
- Compensation for Travel Time Guide for Overtime-Eligible Employees
Applying these guidelines in specific situations can be challenging. Managers and employees are encouraged to use this guide and consult with their Human Resources representative for guidance before travel occurs.
- Short-term Assignments and Pay Guidance
When Georgia Tech employees vacate their roles or take extended leaves of absence, the Institute recognizes the need to temporarily assign those additional responsibilities to an active employee. This guidance provides a high-level overview of the available options.
- Direct Appointments
A direct appointment refers to the regular appointment of a person, where the normal advertising and competitive selection process is not applied, and Institutional business needs support this approach for an appointee whose unique skills and qualifications are documented. Refer to the documents below for additional details and instructions