Georgia Tech offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
In addition to health and welfare resources, Georgia Tech provides tuition assistance, flexible work arrangements, seasonal classes, summer camps and so much more. Review all the additional benefits to you using the tools below.
Newly Hired or Eligible Benefits
Learn about USG, resources and plan information, how to enroll, and coverage and effective dates information.
Health & Welfare Benefits
Your health and welfare benefits are provided through USG, which includes healthcare, dental, vision, and retirement plan options for employees working 30 hours per week or more on a regular basis.
Learn about how to get started, review your benefits or submit a life event change (marriage, divorce, birth of child).
There are three types of employees and types of employment that are used to determine benefits eligibility.
Full Benefits Eligible: This is defined as 30 or more hours per week or .75 FTE and greater, which applies to regular faculty and regular staff employees. Full benefits include all benefits in accordance with University System of Georgia of Board of Regents policy 8.2.9 Insurance.
Partial Benefits Eligible: This is defined as 20 to 29 hours per week or .5 FTE to .74 FTE. Partial benefits eligible may apply to regular faculty and regular staff employees. Partial benefits include retirement and pro-rated leave accruals.
Non-Benefits Eligible: This is defined as 19 or less hours per week (.49 FTE or less), which applies to regular faculty and staff employees. Non-benefits eligible also includes temporary faculty, staff, and student employees who may not work more than 1,300 hours in a 12 month period as defined later in this policy. Students may not be placed into a regular status.
- Family resources including on-campus childcare, summer camp resources, and our annual Buzzin' Back to School supply drive
- Education resources including benefit education series and tuition assistance
- Financial and support resources including opportunities to bank-at-work and the Employee Assistance Program
- Awards and recognition including the annual Service Awards and Staff Awards
- Time away from work or the office including vacation time, campus closures, and flexible work arrangements