Eligible employees of Georgia Tech you can apply for Tuition Assistance.
Jun 10, 2022 | Atlanta, GA
Did you know eligible Georgia Tech employees can apply for tuition assistance?
Two programs are available.
- The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) provides a tuition waiver to full-time, benefits-eligible employees who have worked for at least six months within the University System of Georgia (USG). Time worked in a temporary position does not count toward the six-month eligibility requirement. Eligible employees may seek approval to enroll in up to nine academic semester hours for each of the three designated semester periods: Fall, Spring, and Summer. You must apply for TAP by the application deadline to receive the tuition and mandatory fee waiver.
- The Staff Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Program (STRAP) is an educational assistance program that provides partial tuition reimbursement for classified Georgia Tech employees at any accredited private institution.
TAP and STRAP Application Procedures
- Apply for school through the admissions office of the institution you plan to attend during their designated application dates.
- Complete the applicable TAP or STRAP application. Make sure to put your OneUSG Employee ID (not GT ID) on the form.
- If you are not sure of the courses you are taking, put your best guess. It can be changed later.
- Use DocuSign to complete your application.
- Email your completed applications for TAP and STRAP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 15. Applications received after this date cannot be honored. A new application must be completed for each semester by the deadline.
Special Note About TAP Registration Dates
As a TAP participant, it is important that employees only register for classes during the TAP employee registration dates (updated each semester). These dates change each semester and will differ depending on the USG Institution you are attending. If you register prior to the employee registration period, you risk your classes being dropped and your TAP waiver being removed.