Georgia Tech Human Resources has secured backpacks to be filled with school supplies. They will be distributed to Georgia Tech employees with children (grades K-12) who may not have the financial means to obtain the necessary supplies for school.
Who is eligible to receive a backpack?
This initiative is intended to support Georgia Tech families who may not be able to provide these supplies on their own. While there are no formal eligibility requirements, we ask that only those employees in need make a request for a backpack. Backpacks are reserved only for children of Georgia Tech employees. While we hope to have enough supplies to fulfill all requests, submission of a backpack request does NOT guarantee a backpack.
Important Dates 2022
|Deadline to Order Supplies from SchoolKitz||June 7|
|Deadline to Request a Backpack||June 24|
|Deadline to Order Supplies from Amazon Wishlist||June 30|
|Notification to Employees Receiving Backpacks||July 6|
|Backpack Distribution||July 13 and 14|
- Go to https://schoolkitz.com/
- Click on the blue bar that says “Search for your school by name, city or zip code” and search for Georgia Tech or Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Select an elementary kit or a middle/high school kit.
- When adding the kit to your cart, put “Donation” as the first name and “Kit” as the last name.
- If you would like to purchase more than one kit, add the first kit to your cart and then go back and add the next.
- The next page offers optional items to add.
Amazon Wish List Instructions
Go to the Amazon wish list
Select the items you wish to purchase
When checking out, be sure to select the delivery address “GTHR (Buzzin’ Back to School)’s Gift Registry Address
School supplies may be dropped off at GTHR's temporary location, 755 Marietta Street.